Sunday, October 30, 2011

10 reasons why I LATE (love/hate) football season

With 2 games left and 9 behind us I can't be more sappy (sad/happy) to see the season come to an end.

I really do enjoy the football season...all the screaming fans, hot dogs for lunch, cheering for the home team and just the overall smell and sound of football.  But, I have to admit, I'm uber-excited for it to be over.  With a wandering 7 month old, I'm looking forward to having my baby daddy back and being a family once again.


This season has made me realize that i have a serious LATE (love/hate) relationship with football.  Here are the top 10 reasons why:
  1. Holding a squirming toddler during a game is less than comfortable.  It's even harder trying to explain the game to him.  It's unbelievable that he doesn't know what a 4-3 is yet.

  1. I'll be home in 15 minutes...football time=hour

  1. Football calendar:  I'd love to come to your party this weekend...but, let me check if we are home or away...

  1. For 3 hours I can sit in the New Mexico sun and get a great tan 

  1. Being the full-time caregiver is HARD-PROPS to all single mommies out there 

  1. On Saturdays my breakfast is a brat.  (This is an actual LOVE)

  1. At the home game parties I can eat 5635235 appetizers for dinner and it's perfectly acceptable  (notice my awesome food habits and love for junk food)

  1. The excitement and spirit in the stands reminds me of my college days and I feel young again.

  1. Watch the football game, go home, talk about the football game, turn on TV and watch other people's football games...poop footballs?

AND THE NUMBER 1 REASON...


  1. I love seeing the smile & excitement on my husbands face after a W.  It reminds me of when he used to play.
Homecoming 2011-WIN!

Now that I've vented my LATE for football season-what are some of your LATES?

Mimi

1 comment:

  1. Love that my daughter & I get to cheer on our favorite coach every Saturday....who else gets to do that at their hubby's job?

    Hate that the end of the season means I see our coach LESS! Grrr recruiting season.

    ReplyDelete