Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Small Revelations

As each day goes by there are little moments where I come to new and deeper understanding regarding being a parent. Simple little things like how fun it is to see Caden make a new face or to learn his little patterns of movement. Also, seeing him starting to outgrow his new born clothes already, which lets me know how quickly the time will go. Something today that really made me think about this was when I read a book "I Will Love You Forever" to Caden while Mimi and I got him ready for bed. This book is funny and also kind of creepy with the Mom always creeping into her son's room to watch him sleep and rock him in his sleep. But in the end of the book the son holds his mother and rocks her to sleep when she is old and sick. The son then goes home and holds his child and rocks him to sleep. It just made me think of how my parents have been there for me my entire life and how the love and want to help your child never changes. It also made me think of the fact that my own parents will not always be there for me and I should always appreciate them while they are here. I know these types of moments will happen through out Caden's life, which is just another great part of having the opportunity to be a father.  - Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment