Monday, September 26, 2011

The Milky Way

Big boobs=happy baby.

For the past month, I've been taking some drugs.  OK, not really drugs, but it's a herb called Fenugreek.  Back in July, I had my gallbladder removed  and for 4 days, I could not eat or drink anything.  I was on IV's only and it was the first time I was without my little baby.  I had 2 procedures done, my gallbladder removed and stones removed from the duct.  It wasn't too bad and it was the cure to all that so called 'heartburn' I had been having for the past 4 years.  All those heartburn attacks were actually me passing gallstones.  SO, long story short, I was still nursing when I checked into the hospital.  Since I was drugged up on pain killers, (which was awesome by the way) I couldn't nurse.  Instead I had to pump so my body would produce the same milk supply.  Seriously, if someone would have drank that it would have been one awesome cocktail: milk + morphine = crazy college party.

SO, after I got out of the hospital, I realized that it really affected my milk supply.  Instead of pumping 4-5 ounces, I could only produce around 2.  Caden was on formula during the time I was in the hospital and did really well on it.  BUT, I still wanted to go back to nursing.

I did some research and started taking Fenugreek.  The first day I started with 6 pills and I could tell a difference right away.  I was very happy with the results.  They say you should take anywhere from 6-10/day so I have been consistently taking about 6-8/day.  They don't smell funny and are easy to swallow.  Now, a side effect can be that you smell like IHOP (or syrup) but I haven't experienced this yet.  So, all in all, I'd recommend it.  *Note-do not take if you are allergic to peanuts.

In turn, I have a happy, healthy, chubby, full baby...oh and awesome milk boobs that feel like knee caps when they get too full.  HOORAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment