Sunday, September 11, 2011

We survived the apocalypse!

us in the dark
Well, last night was very interesting!  Caden was safe and sound at Grandma's and the I had just arrived to my favorite sea food place South Beach in Ocean Beach.  Angie (another coach's girlfriend), Cory (Adam's cousin) and I had just gotten our food and all of a sudden noticed that the music stopped.  We started hearing everyone chat about the power going out.  We really paid no attention to it at first b/c we were too busy chowin down the bomb tacos.  But, then all of a sudden people started to talk about 9/11 and last call happened at the bar and everything closed down.

Luckily, there were reports of a massive power failure, un-related to any terrorist act.  It was a relief, but still my heart raced as I was about 30 minutes from my baby.  Angie and I tried to get on the freeway, but all the stop lights were out and the freeway was gridlocked.  We decided to head to Adam's cousins house were it was safe.  We hung out and watched the sunset down on Sunset Cliffs.  Even though Caden was in good hands with Grandma, I was still so worried about him.  It was a horrible feeling just knowing I couldn't get to him.  I was helpless and I just kept thinking the worst.  I felt like a little piece of me was missing and I was sad.  We hung out until about 8pm and got home safely-traffic was all cleared up.  It was very odd to drive around SD in pitch darkness and silence.  Reports came in that it was all caused by 1 guys mistake-oops.

I got home and we all hung out by candle light.  CK was resting peacefully in his crib and all was well.  Power came back on around 12:30pm and all was back to normal.  Caden spent the rest of the night in my arms sleeping my my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment