Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Survival Tips for Single Parenting Success

My time has flown by as a single Mom.  It's been wonderful and I've enjoyed my mother-son time.  I feel for the first time that I really have this mother-thing under my belt and I'd like to share with you my top 5 survival tips.

5.  Prepare meals the night before...after bedtime. 
I'm big on a nice home cooked healthy meal for CKC, but when Adam's gone it's SO hard to watch him and cook fresh everything.  I've mastered the microwave-get familiar with it.  

CKC enjoying pre-cooked dinner.  I put it on individual plates as well for easy microwave preparation.
(Note veggies hidden in food)


4.  Educate your child. 


This is your chance to saturate your baby's brain with knowledge...knowledge about how SUPERIOR Mommy is and how awesome her skills are as a parent.  You owe it to your child to teach them this.


WHAT THE WHAT!?  Never google Mother/Son matching shirts

3.  Keep your routine!
It's super easy for me to get in the habit of having Caden fall asleep on my chest while watching amazing reality TV (Dance Moms), but I had some self control and stayed true to Caden's schedule and it paid off.  For the first time ever he slept the entire night 7-7.  AMAZING!

Abby would want it that way.

2.  Don't over do it.
Dishes pile up, cleaning doesn't get done, plants die and I wear the same dirty cloths...but, I'm less stressed at home and I allow myself to have some free time with CKC.  
Who likes doing chores anyway?  Plus, by now your husband is home and wants to give you a break so he will guiltily do all the chores for you.  BONUS.

AND 


THE


TOP 


 TIP....

1.  Buy wine prior to your spouse leaving...
this way you don't look like a crazy drunk taking your baby into the liquor store.

UM-WHO IS THIS LADY?!  Never google baby + wine.  Is that baby  alive?  Someone call Dateline.

No comments:

Post a Comment