Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Creepy or Cool?

So, now that I'm a mom, I've been more aware of the surroundings I take Caden in.  Recently, my friend Angie told me about this new app for your phone that searches the area you are in for sex offenders.  What it basically does is uses the phone GPS and maps out where you are and where the sex offenders are in that 15 mile radius.  It provides their name, address, picture and crime.  It kind of creeps me out how many sex offenders live in Silver City.  Our town is not small by any means and they are all over the place.  Basically, my phone looks like a pepperoni pizza when I look at all the red dots indicating an offender.

Now, I do know a few of them, not personally.  They are the people I see at the store everyday, getting groceries, going to McDonalds, washing their car, etc.  And I have to say, I really don't mind them when I'm alone, but I get super freaked out when I'm with Caden.  It just freaks me out in general.  You know that feeling that you get when you go into SUPER MOM mode and brace everything around you.  That is what it's like.

I recommend getting an app like this for everyone who wants to be aware of their surroundings and know who they are living around.  Now, don't go out and start lighting hay bales and carrying pitch forks at these people, just be aware of what is out there! 





No comments:

Post a Comment