Saturday, August 20, 2011

4 Hour getaway

So, last night Adam and I finally had a night alone out on the amazing town of Silver City.  Adam had a hectic day and had about a million things on his mind so I thought a movie would be a nice way to escape reality.  I've found that the most relaxing thing I can give Adam for a break from work is to just sit there in silence or listen to him when he just needs to vent.

Since we're old and lame, we went to an early movie at the movie theater (aka warehouse) in town.    After that we went to dinner at the Buckhorn and enjoyed a nice long dinner with some regular conversation...well mostly football.  It's like the elephant in the room, you can't avoid it and it consumes our life.  Adam has been staying positive about the season, although I can tell he's totally stressed out.

On the up side though, during our dinner, we did run into the new school's president and his wife.  Dr. Shepard is a go-getter and a forward thinking, similar to Adam.  He was excited to tell Adam about all the new things he wants to do for the stadium, including adding cooling fans and seat cushions.  It's a great step towards the future of the program.  Kind of jokingly he told Adam, if he makes these improvements, he better be here for a while and not leave b/c he wants him around for the long haul.  I think that boost of confidence was just what Adam needed after his stressful work week.

We went home after our diaper free 4 hours and came home to a crying baby.  Adam was more than eager to get in there to hold and feed Caden.  I sat up and talked to his mom and then it was back to our little reality...Adam watching film and me hanging out with my substitute husband Bravo TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment