Sunday, January 30, 2011

Denver Recap and Baby Shower

Traveling to Denver and back was good, but also tiring.  I was really looking forward to coming to Denver, Emily hosted an amazing baby shower for me and it was so much fun.

Sushi night
I flew to Denver Tuesday morning and worked in Golden through Friday.  It's always a little hard working from the office.  I usually have a horrible computer, no phone and I get distracted a lot.  I love being around all my friends though, it's really fun seeing them daily-I do miss them a lot.  But, I do have to say, I am able to get more work done at home.  

Alisha (Rachel's girlfriend) and Colin (Emily's husband) both got new jobs so the first night we celebrated their awesome new jobs.  Alisha will be a police woman in Boulder and is going through the training now and Colin is the new municipal prosecutor for the city of Lakewood.  Both such cool jobs.  We went out to sushi and had ice cream of course later.  I love eating out with friends when I go up there.  Such good eats and convo.  It's funny how professional all of our jobs are but we act so goofy around each other.

The rest of the week flew by and Sat was my baby shower.  It was so fun.  Emily, Rachel, Alisha and Vicki planned a little beach themed party for me and it was so cute!  Emily made these cute surfboard/palm tree cookies and we had other fabulous foods and awesome drinks thanks to the gays-they really do make the best bartenders and most hilarious hosts.  The party was so cute and fun, it was really nice celebrating with my friends.  Everyone did a TON of work to get it ready, they made everything thing seem so easy-even with their little guy Jay (Emily's son, who i consider kind of a nephew-Caden will totally think it's his cousin) having bronchitis and an ear infection and feeling horrible.  But, Jay was feeling much better for the party though it seemed.  I loved the party and it was so fun getting more stuff for Caden, you don't realize how much you do actually need for the little guys.

Thank you everyone who came and hosted-it was an amazing party and I appreciate all the love and support!  You guys are the best!
Baby shower party!  Missing Colin :(

Emily and I-Emily is due July 3-with a girl :)

1 comment: