Sunday, January 2, 2011

Brogla Christmas and Baby shower

12/26/10 we celebrated the Brogla family Christmas.  We all headed up to Iowa City to visit my grandparents.  All the cousins were there except Cindy, who was celebrating Christmas on her boyfriends side.  It was great seeing them, my grandparents were happy to see everyone and of course we all ate at Old Country Buffet-my Grandpa's favorite place in the world.  We all were laughing so hard at lunch at all the different food creations we made and it made my Grandpa happy hearing how much fun everyone was having.


Grandma feeling the baby
Later we celebrated Lucy getting her own State Farm Agency-we had a picture of her office and her promotion letter framed and matted, it looked so great.  Geralyn did a great job.  She was very surprised and I think it will look great in her office!

After that everyone surprised Adam and I with a baby shower!  It was our first one we had!  It was so much fun and we got a lot of really cute baby things and a ton of gift cards.  We are going to save all the gift cards until the end to see what we need after all our showers are done.  The little baby cloths and all the little diapers make everything more real and real each day.  It was nice to have my first baby shower be with my family as it's the first grandchild for everyone.  I'm glad that my family and especially my grandparents were there to celebrate with us.
Add caption
We ended the day with a birthday party for all the Nov-Jan bdays-basically I just got a cake that said "Happy Birthday Everyone" that way we wouldn't leave anyone out.

All in all it was an awesome day!  It's nice to be around family and I wish I lived closer to everyone, but not in that cold weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment