Thursday, February 24, 2011

Baby Thursday

Today was our 35 week mark!  Almost 36 weeks.  We met with another doctor today so that in case Dr. Diaz can't make it we will be familiar the other doctors.

It wasn't the best visit, not the doctor's fault though.  I ended up having really high blood pressure, a bladder infection and also possible preeclampsia.  We had an ultrasound and Caden is in birthing position, head down, so he could technically come next week the doctor said.  He is about 6lbs and has a very large twinkie according to the doctor-he was very impressed and took about 8 photos of it for us.  The doctor also checked if I was dilated due to the number of contractions I've been having.  But, my cervix was sealed which was good news. 

I have to take a 24hour pee test and then bring the urine to the hospital and also have them do some blood work.  I also have to go check my blood pressure each day, which will be kind of annoying, but it will get me out of the house.  Once they get the results back from my test, they will determine if I need to be induced.  I guess preeclampsia is common for first time pregnancies with boys.  My friend Emily had it too and she was induced as well.  It was pretty shocking knowing that we could have our little baby in the next week.  I'm ready though and am so looking forward to it.  I kind of blame my last Denver visit on my high blood pressure, it took a lot out of me and my feet/hands were swollen the entire time.  I was absolutely exhausted up there and when I got back as well, it also caused a lot of un-necessary stress too.

I will keep everyone updated and let you know how it goes and when our little man will be here.

1 comment: