Sunday, March 20, 2011

Gila Regional Hospital

Leaving Gila Regional
So, at first I was seriously so scared to give birth in such a small town and such an out dated hospital.  But, I was totally shocked how amazing the experience was.

I was in the hospital from Tuesday through Sat and the nurses and doctors were amazing.  My regular doctor from Cassie Health, Dr. Diaz, was seriously so helpful throughout my first pregnancy, i could not have asked for better.  She really took the time to understand who I was as a person and how I wanted my pregnancy to go.  She was so awesome and easy to talk to.  I also liked how organized and informative she was as well.  Unfortunately, she did not deliver Caden, instead it was another doctor, Dr. Nwachuku, who was equally awesome!  We had met with him a few times before and he was very through.  His laugh is very contagious and it lights up the whole room.  The doctors were so awesome to have for our first birth and it really made the entire process so easy and flawless.

Now the nurses at Cassie Health are seriously the best!  They really make up for the neon lit, windowless rooms.  The nurses had one priority and it was me.  I know it sounds so conceded, but when you are in the hospital all you want is someone to wait on you and be very prompt and not keep you waiting for anything.  All the nurses did just that.  They were so personable and caring, it made me feel so comfortable and re-assured me that I was in the right place to have our first baby.  I can't thank the nurses at the hospital enough for taking care of our family.  Gwen, one of the nurses (who has the same birthday as Caden) even called to check up on us on her day off.  They were all so sweet.  I'm not sure how they get trained or who manages them, but their service is one of the best I've ever experienced.

Adam and I also had services from our baby classes and home health care through Gila Regional and they were amazing as well.  Home health sent nurses to our house to take his bilirubin levels and also his weight.  It was so nice to not have to go to the doctor for that kind of stuff and instead have someone come to us.  The nurses were great who came and very caring for our little guy.

Now that it's kind of back to normal and we can stop hopefully going back to the hospital, we are seeing a regular pediatrician at Silver Heath Care, Dr. Etheridge.  HE IS AWESOME.  He is so detailed and caring.  He really takes the time to explain things to Adam and I regarding Caden's health and you can tell he really cares about him.  He's done everything from calling us at our home to visiting us in the hospital at 4am to check on Caden.  If you ever need a recommendation for any of those docs, i would say use Diaz, Nwachuku, and Etheridge.  Dr. Davenport-Reed circumcised Caden-which looks very good, so she knows her way with the knife.

OK, so you would think that I'm getting residuals or something from all these reviews, but honestly, we are just overjoyed with how awesome our birth went in such a small town.  Adam and I expected to deliver with like forceps and with nurses that smell like Marlboro lights, but it was completely awesome and we will never forget all the people who made it such an awesome experience.

THANK YOU EVERYONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment